HDF can make buying your first home affordable with our first time home buyer education and downpayment assistance programs. We are there every step of the way to help you succeed in buying your new home!
In Order To Be Eligible For HDF’s Downpayment Assistance Programs, You Must Meet HDF’s Eligibility Criteria. Please Review The Eligibility Criteria Below Before Your Start Your Application.
You have not owned a home in the last 3 years. (This is HDF’s definition of a First Time Homebuyer.) The applicant, co-applicants, and non-borrowing spouses must also be first-time homebuyers
You have NOT had a bankruptcy in the last 4 years.
You have NOT had a foreclosure in the last 7 years.
You DO NOT have any knowledge of collections, charge-offs or current past-due accounts on my/our credit report.
You are prepared to purchase a home in the next 12 months and will have:
- Funds available for borrower contribution of at least 1% of the purchase price, pre-closing costs, and emergency reserves
- Steady work history of the past 2 years in the same industry
- On-time bill payment and debt management history
- You are U.S. citizens or permanent resident view our list of acceptable visas.
- You are Income Eligible for HDF programs. Income eligibility is determined using household income.
- Please review the Income Limits for counties in SmartMove Connecticut, SmartMove New York, and our other programs in both New York and Connecticut.
If you ready to get started you can start by creating your account in our online portal.
If any of the above statements are false, HDF is not currently your best option.
Check out our resources to find out how to get back on track