As a mortgage banker or loan originator, you work with homebuyers all the time. With HDF’s homebuyer counseling and education programs, you can help your clients to become better prepared and informed homebuyers. HDF’s low-interest second mortgages can help well-qualified borrowers to bridge the gap from unattainable to affordable and sustainable.
Whether you have worked with our programs before or want to learn more, HDF offers quarterly opportunities to keep you updated on our programs and procedures. Come to learn more about HDF, get your questions answered, and enjoy an opportunity to network with lawyers, realtors, and fellow bankers.
Down Payment Assistance
HDF offers first time homebuyers a wide variety of downpayment and closing cost assistance options, in addition to our free counseling and education services. These affordable secondary financing programs are designed to prepare prospective buyers to become successful owners.
Many of HDF’s loan products can be layered, allowing eligible purchasers to access a financing package tailored to their needs and side-by-side with a conventional first mortgage from a bank. Certain restrictions may apply depending on the program.
Available Loan Products
- SmartMove CT Low interest downpayment assistance for CT first time homebuyers. For up to 20% of the purchase price.
- SmartMove NY Low interest downpayment assistance for NY first time homebuyers. For up to 20% of the purchase price.
- Project Reinvest: Homeownership (CT, NY) 0% downpayment assistance for homebuyers in CT and NY. $10,500.
- Live Where You Work (CT)0% downpayment assistance for first time homebuyers purchasing homes in the city where they work. Up to $20,000.
- Statewide Downpayment Assistance Programs(CT, NY)0% downpayment assistance for first time homebuyers. Up to $15,000-$25,000 in CT, $10,000 in NY.
- Local Downpayment Assistance Programs Additional loan programs available to people buying in specific towns and cities. Amounts and terms vary.