HDF Foreclosure Intervention Program Assists 1,330 Households
As of April 2014, HDF’s Foreclosure Intervention Program has assisted 1,330 households with counseling and clinics. HDF’s Foreclosure Intervention Specialist, Todd Fagan, works with one-on-one with clients who are struggling with their mortgages to help them find solutions.
Since 2007, HDF has partnered with the State of Connecticut Department of Banking to assist more Connecticut consumers. “We’ve referred 234 cases to HDF just last year and this year alone,” said Howard Pitkin, Commissioner of the Connecticut Department of Banking, “One of the difficulties of foreclosure cases, that Todd Fagan knows first-hand, is that each is an individual case. You can’t use a computer to deal with this. You have to deal face-to-face with each individual, and that takes time, patience and understanding. It’s very difficult, it’s time-intensive, and I’m glad to have the Housing Development Fund there as a partner.”
In addition to counseling, HDF’s Foreclosure Intervention Program has partnered with a diverse panel of experts to host a monthly clinic that aims to provide the most accurate and comprehensive information possible. Regular participants on the panel include:
- Attorney Ronald K. Bellenot Sr., Bellenot & Boufford, LLC
- Realtor Noelia Mena Dondele, Bivins Realty Group
- Desirée L. Brooks, The WorkPlace
- Congressional Representative, Amy Lappos and Eunice Ramirez, Congressman Himes Office
- Insurance Professional, Rene M. Gibson
- Social Services, Alexandra Clough
- Paralegal Loretta Martina, Connecticut Fair Housing Center
HDF would like to thank all of its partners for their dedication to empowering the many Connecticut households and individuals that were impacted by the foreclosure crisis.